The William Paca House & Garden in Annapolis is a National Historic Landmark, restored by Historic Annapolis to its colonial-era splendor. The house is one of America’s most impressive restored 18th Century mansions. When built by Paca in 1763-65, it was one of the first five-part Georgian homes in Annapolis.
The William Paca Garden is two acres of natural beauty in the heart of historic Annapolis. It is filled with plants of the 18th Century known from books and letters.
Multi-tier terraces define the garden. The upper terrace provides a space for entertaining and viewing the garden terrain. On the middle terrace, precise geometric parterres show off three seasons of colorful blooms, heirloom roses and period-styled topiary. The lower terraces feature a fish-shaped pond, whose bridge leads to a two story summer house, plus serpentine paths through lush lawns and beds of native plants.